1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stringing speakers along

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by gil2, May 5, 2005.

1. gil2

gil2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    guys i`m in and out of different sections at the mo trying to get help sorting my home cinema setup out and my latest question fits here

is it feasable to have 2 speakers from each rear surround cable running at the same time

ie left rear cable goes to one speaker and then from there onto another speaker same for right rear

due to different seating positions in my lounge its hard to keep everyone happy sonicly wise , so i was hoping to have 2 sets of rear speakers , 1 either side of each sofa

my amp is a yam rxv 450 and i am thinking of getting the canton speakers , maybe the cd 1 collection , that aside i have a spare pair of RCF monitor 5`s studio speakers whose measurements are 175w -4 ohms and heres a link to the specs in more detail http://www.mondiale.co.uk/mondodr/speakers/speakers34.html
    i`d like to be able to go from amp to RCF gold binder post then on again to canton

feasable ? or not

2. Harry T2

Harry T2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    feasible - yes. beneficial - IMHO, No. I think you will be introducing other sound issues into your environment

3. gil2

gil2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers m8 , it was just a thought , i guess one set would interfere with the other , sound wise
    tbh , after looking and looking and looking all over the net , she ....we have decided ( probably ) on the mission fs1 6.1 speaker package , positioning is alot easier with these as they are floor standing upright tube designs , and dont look like conventional speakers , SHE .... says