Stretched picture on Grundig WS CRT

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Dark Eyes, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Dark Eyes

Dark Eyes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My brother in law has a grundig 28" WS CRT (wf70 3020 ?), which has developed a fault where it over stretches the picture (horizontally) massively, even in 4:3 mode the picture is off the edges. Changing the TVs aspect ratio doesn't seem to change the picture much, apart from the expected vertical stretching of a couple modes.
    It is also bending the vertical lines towards the edge, such that they bend out towards the corners.

Is this fixable via the Service menu (can you access the SM on these TVs ?).
    Or is it an engineer job - I have suggestions that it could be a duff capacitor or board.

Any suggestions welcome.

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,552
    This is the most common fault you get on this made in Slovenia for Dixons/Currys (not a real Grundig) model.
    It's caused by a duff capacitor and also for best practice a resistor needs replacing as well.
    Should be an inexpensive repair.

3. Dark Eyes

Dark Eyes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Does anybody know which components needs replacing - I am happy replacing capicitors and resisitors on a PCB (as long as there is decent access !); or is this something that needs a TV engineer to do it?

4. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,552
    PM sent.