1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stretch Princess

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by Squirrel God, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone else like this band?

I purchased their self-titled debut album after hearing a track of theirs on one of the American Pie soundtracks. Great indie rock. Female vocalist with a superb voice that sometimes reminds me a bit of the lead singer of Sleeper (what was her name again?). Some Sundays-inspired riffs in there too :clap:

2. EvilMudge

EvilMudge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sg, are you somehow tapping into my brain and reading my 'must listen to list?' :D

Think I know the track, reminded me of Sleeper too, but I don't think it was on any of the American Pie soundtracks. Definitely in that genre though.

Good stuff. What's the rest of the album like (more specifics please!)?

3. dnrc

dnrc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not heard of them mate, but it's got to be worth checking out.

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mudgey,

You're right - it's not on the American Pie soundtracks, it's from the 'Teaching Mrs Tingle' soundtrack :blush:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_1/103-0711791-1886243?v=glance&s=music

Fantastic album. I have their second album on order too :)

I find it hard to say any more about the tracks in text. I mean it's music after all, it has to be heard and felt and experienced ... blah .. but samples of each track on the album available here:

http://www.absound.ca/music/search/...ains&searchfor=STRETCH+PRINCESS&page_limit=25

Don't think I'm tapping into your brain mate as I like shedloads of bands so tend to buy almost everything (except Linkin Park and White Stripes :p).

dnrc,

Deffo check them out mate! They're quality if you like indie rock :)

5. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know Exec Producer. I don't think so. They're last album 'Fun with Humans' was released August last year so I hope not! Hope they'll give us more quality music :)

6. EvilMudge

EvilMudge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having done some more searching on them (avoid certain search engines if you're at work, you'd be amazed at what the other 'Stretch Princess' can do:D ) I find out that their drummer was diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer, so they had to play without him for awhile, but he's back with the band now - possibly where the rumour of them splitting up came from.

7. adox

adox
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    never heard of them, but might look into it to see what they sound like.;)