Streets of Rage II

Reaction score
For anyone who may be interested, I just logged onto live to check if Super Puzzle Fighter was available for download yet, It is.

However, scrolling down the 'New arrivals' list, I also came across a little thing known as Streets of Rage II :thumbsup:

Downloading now.

Shall be downloading this once I'm home! Noticed on Major Nelson there's online co-op too. Excellent :D

awesome!!!! greatest side scroller ever!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Why did it have to come out so early? :(

uber - this should be fantastic... are the visuals better then the megadrive version?

HD visuals according to Major Nelson - but can't find any screenies :(

Still, online co-op and bound to be leaderboards and achievements. Very reasonable 400 points too!

Awesome surprise release! I'll be playing this tonight :smashin:

Great memories playing this on the mega-drive with my girlfriend (now wife;)). I just hope i am not as dissapointed as i usually am with these old classics.

HD visuals according to Major Nelson - but can't find any screenies :(

Still, online co-op and bound to be leaderboards and achievements. Very reasonable 400 points too!

Awesome surprise release! I'll be playing this tonight :smashin:

I imagine "HD visuals" means the same lazy smoothing algorithm that's been applied to all the other retro releases. It would be nice to see these games get a real visual overhaul, but that costs money I guess.

It would be nice to see these games get a real visual overhaul, but that costs money I guess.
I agree... I already have SORII downloaded from the Wii Virtual Console but seeing it in proper HD with updated visuals whilst retaining the same trusty gameplay would be fantastic.

I'll go and check in out anyway though :D

Great memories playing this on the mega-drive with my girlfriend (now wife;)). I just hope i am not as dissapointed as i usually am with these old classics.

Still play SoR2 from time to time on my Megadrive emulator. Still remains tremendously playable especially in 2 player mode!! Great news!! The soundtrack is a 90's techno classic!!!

Just played the demo and it brings back fond memories. Don't think the graphics have changed that much, but the gameplay is still there. Grand upper!!

there a 2 player option in this version other than coop?

Original megadrive version had a versus mode but it was a bit lame.

Would have been neat to see it upgraded to four player co-op (and difficulty upped accordingly). I can imagine a 4 player versus being a giggle!

I agree... I already have SORII downloaded from the Wii Virtual Console but seeing it in proper HD with updated visuals whilst retaining the same trusty gameplay would be fantastic.

I'll go and check in out anyway though :D
Well having played with it a second time with the smoothing option on, I really like the way it looks. It's sort of more cartoony and even though it's not hi-res, it looks sharp and crisp, far better than it looks on the Wii Virtual Console. For 400 points, it seems a bit of a bargain really so I'll probably buy it! :smashin:

My only issue is.. what is going on with the sound? I have to turn my TV or amp up to almost double the usual volume to be able to hear the audio properly and there does not seem to be any option in the settings to adjust it. :thumbsdow

Had no problems with the sound here.

Anyway, loved it and bought it straight away. Has aged FAR better than the similar TMNT 1989 and Double Dragon. Looking forward to trying it out online too.

I remember on the megadrive there was a cheat to allow you to play as Shiva - Mr X's bodyguard. Can anyone remember this and does it work with this version? I remember he's a pretty good character to use.

Had no problems with the sound here.
That's odd then. I have the same issue with Bomberman too but none of the other XBLA games :confused:
Anyway, loved it and bought it straight away. Has aged FAR better than the similar TMNT 1989 and Double Dragon. Looking forward to trying it out online too.
Ditto, although some of the achievements certainly won't be achievable for me! I can just about make it half way through Stage 2 on hardcore!

Haven't yet had chance to try SoRII yet but I too find Bomberman to be very quiet!

But with my setup, all the stuff plugged into my amp seem to output at different volume levels so different games on the Xbox at different volume levels is no big deal - a flick of the my knob ( :D ) soon compensates.

This is 300 points?

This is 300 points?

no, 400 points.

Going with the sound thing, I found it ok, but for me, Track & Field is very very quiet, I have to turn the volume up at least twice as I high as normal to hear anything at all...

It may of been Ecco that was 300.

Awesome game, I never owned SOR2 but I have played it briefly in the past. I did own SOR1 though and loved that. I've played through to Stage 6 on hard setting on my first go, I thought there was only very hard and then mania or something after that, what is this hardcore difficulty being mentioned?

I found the background music very low with the sound effects a lot louder but no sound options are anywhere to be seen. Shame as the soundtrack is quite funky :D

I also liked the enhanced graphics option, reminded me slightly of the new sprites being made for the next Streetfighter 2 Capcom are doing again for Live Arcade and PSN.

For 400 points with Live co-op and versus mode this is a bargain :)

Loving it, will prob buy it on pay day. Not had the sound issue though, only with Bomberman I have to turn my amp up a hell of a lot.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom