1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streetcore

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by eviljohn2, Oct 23, 2003.

1. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    As a big Clash/Strummer fan I picked up this album (Streetcore) on Monday.

I'd like to tell everyone that it's absolutely fantastic, and must be amongst his best work. Listening to it is very easy, the songs are great and genuinely make me want to smile (as much as I love music, it's only rare that I get the spine-tingling effect).

The lyrics show that he was still on top form being as edgy as ever.

I can't forget the remainder of the Mescaleroes and co who have done a great job producing the album.

2. Whiting

Whiting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Got mine this morning and it's a :smashin: from up me based on 2 plays. "Silver & Gold" though, pretty tough to listen too. Very emotional.

btw, does "Coma Girl" crackle slightly when it hits the first chorus on yours ? I assume it's to do with the source of the recording.

3. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Very well put. Long Shadow is also quite emotional, oddly enough he wrote it for Johnny Cash.

Coma Girl does crackle a bit, there's also some odd-sounding parts in Redemption Song I've found. In some ways I find it adds to the recording.

The best thing I've found about the album is the way they've got a real "bar-room" feel, presumably from the nature of the sources. I can genuinely imagine sitting in a bar somewhere with the band playing these songs to me.