• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Street shots

Dexy

So I decided yesterday to head out and shoot some street shots, something ive never done before but always wanted to.

There was a street market in Aberdeen so the timing was perfect, head out early and get some quick shots. I soon got into it and ended up staying hours.

Equipment used : Canon 5DIII, Canon 24-70 2.8L, Canon 70-200 2.8 IS II and the Canon 135 f2 L

Here are some shots, I had such a high keeper rate I wont post all just now, I will start in order though.

Also the rest are on my flickr page Flickr: Derek Mackinnon's Photostream

How will I get in? by Derek Mackinnon, on Flickr

I'm in... by Derek Mackinnon, on Flickr

First shot of a person. by Derek Mackinnon, on Flickr

The piper by Derek Mackinnon, on Flickr

Colour me in. by Derek Mackinnon, on Flickr

johnaalex

Distinguished Member
The first 2 don't work for me. I do like 7, 14 and 12. I think 8 should be cropped to cut ot the OOF person in the left of the frame.

Dexy

The first 2 are the start of the story, If you read the comments on flickr you will see why, I agree with 8, but I think it would be too thin a crop. thanks for the comments.

Amazing hair by Derek Mackinnon, on Flickr

Last edited:

johnaalex

Distinguished Member

shotokan101

Banned
nice set - 5,8,9 and 13 for me :)

I think the forum is resizing your shots a bit and impacting the sharpness on some BTW :)

...some other very nice ones on Flickr too

Dexy

Thanks guys I appreciate the comments. The quality is pretty high when it comes to sharpness, even at 1:1 on Lightroom its great.

shotokan101

Banned
Thanks guys I appreciate the comments. The quality is pretty high when it comes to sharpness, even at 1:1 on Lightroom its great.

Yes - they would be but unfortunately if you link to an image that's larger than the forum allows it will display as an arbitrarily resized version which may cause some softening :)

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom