Street Photography

cabanatuan

Banned
Hello everyone.

i am looking to try and do Street photography. i currently have a canon 400d and a Tamron 17-50mm. i am saving up for a 70-200mm F4L IS as i believe this will benifit me hugely for this purpose.

Do you guys have any advice on how to go about taking pictures in the street of people. My main aim is to capture peoples different emotions and activties going around the street.

i work near soho so there is huge potential for some interesting shots down here.

I am also going to shoot in the philippines again but this time doing street photography instead of landscape and again, that has some interesting potentials of some good shots there.

Cheers in advance.

D

Deleted member 27989

Can't offer advice yet, but are very interested as well. Oddly and very unlike me I felt really embarrassed when I tried a little last weekend. I had an hour and half to kill whilst my youngest was at her theatre group so I walked into town but felt awkward about photographing complete strangers.

Love to learn the tips.

cabanatuan

Banned
i think one golden rule i have heard is that you should act casual and relax whilst doing it. dont look like a nervous wreck!

But it is easier to do it in places that are prone to tourists but i imagine if i did it in my area i live it, it will be a bit of a challenge!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom