Street Photography - Head between legs

Dancook

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's true..

I took a photo of these two women hugging, as i walked past they asked if I took a photo - I said yes but it didn't come out too well. The blonde lady had said she was flattered, so I took a few more photos whilst they were still laughing about it.

The Army marched home from war..

Grit

There's more on flickr.

Last edited:
5 and 6 are great and didn't I see that 1st shot in Ami's thread ? :D

fab times, you not prefer being close to scene story people @ small mm lens? although understand long lens is much better for subject seperation so you win if stay large lens @ result, so is cool :~)

Today I took the battery grip off, and hated it! I also looked at the price of a 35mm f2 (which is a damn sight smaller than my 35mm 1.4) and it was about £450!

So I don't feel comfortable getting close with my camera... it feels too intrusive, I feel I stand out like a sore thumb as it is without standing a few foot from someone :)

Today I took the battery grip off, and hated it! I also looked at the price of a 35mm f2 (which is a damn sight smaller than my 35mm 1.4) and it was about £450!

So I don't feel comfortable getting close with my camera... it feels too intrusive, I feel I stand out like a sore thumb as it is without standing a few foot from someone :)
I don't think shots like 5 and 6 would work as well with a 35mm due to the lack of compression.

well this is me cheating...

Green man says go!

Last edited:
Prefer your other work tbh Dan, 35mm's not my favourite FL and I prefer the subject isolation and smaller DOF.

Good effort though shooting from the hip.

Prefer your other work tbh Dan, 35mm's not my favourite FL and I prefer the subject isolation and smaller DOF.

Good effort though shooting from the hip.

Yea I know that feeling - when everything is in focus - there's too much to juggle :D

1st shot was soooooooooo close Dan ;)

:D the leading leg, and the baldness - some points please :D
I think he means mirroring the green man. Didn't notice this, he's right soooooo close ;)

;)[/QUOTE]

...arm position ;) - BTW prepare to be stunned! - I think that selective colouring on the "green man" would work.... :eek: :blush:

Noooo - Love the 1st set and its nice to see some colour in one of your shots. Particularly like the laughing lady. Not so sure about the 2nd set to much DOF so there is too much to see.

Seeing all the street shots kinda makes me wish I worked in he city again, just for the luchtimes!

Nice :) I still don't really have the balls to do street photography!

I have thought it would be good to pick up a hip-shooter and then come nowhere near Vivian Maier's work... :laugh: lol

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom