1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Street fighter

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by snake II, Feb 17, 2003.

1. snake II

snake II

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    can anyone tell me where to find a certain playstation game, although it was as street fighter one, it had all the main games in one disk, yet it was a version which was like the japaneses ones, e.g m.bison real name was in it (vega) and so on, i cant find it one any uk games site can anyone help.
    i think the game was called street fighter collection or something

2. EmissarY

EmissarY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

The game is indeed called Street Fighter Collection and as I recall there were 2 versions released.

I have the american ntsc versions PS1 which ran full screen and 17% faster, the first was Street Fighter Collection which had the games Super Street Fighter 2, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, both which introduced Cammy, Fei Long, Deejay and T-Hawk as well as the original 16 characters and the other game was Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold which was the same as SF Alpha 2 but with Cammy and Evil Ryu.

The second was Street Fighter Collection 2 which featured the games Street Fighter 2, SF2 Champion Edition and SF2 Champion Edition Turbo Hyper Fighting (Whew!!!). This collection was my personal fave with Hyper Fighting the best of the bunch, pure skill was needed against an equally matched player/m8, all characters were equally balanced and none had any of those gazillion super fantastic 100 hit combo crap that u got from later releases like Xmen vs SF and their future incarnations.

I remember playing these originals in the local arcade and getting my ass whooped by japanese and chinese guys, they were so good!!! As a SF2 purist I still prefer the originals, but both these collections are worth having.

Each game has its own nostalgic factor for everyone who played them.

Nice to see someone still interested in these games as they still are years ahead in playability compare to fighting games out nowadays. The advent of Tekken I think slightly shifted the style of play to another level, but for pure bone crunching pub brawl style, nothing is more fun.

Check your local Game or Electronic Boutique, they may have them in the bargain bin, or u could also try cex.co.uk as they deal in retro games (I weep when I think that this game is heading for this catagory).

So hope u have fun in the search, pm me if u have any probs,

Sho-Ryu-Ken!!!
    (Extreme Cheese, but it beats 'Yours Sincerely' :D)

EmissarY

3. spidermanalf

spidermanalf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    HAHAHAHA shoryuken, I bought that T-shirt from Lik -sang only yesterday!

[​IMG]

16quid inc del.

If you like your 2d brawlers, then Guilty Gear XX is spot on!!

The latest VS games are good, but can be a little hectic for some!