Streched Black Fabric Wall & Ceiling panels room treatment - AV / Cinema room?

fatrich

found this company and very local to me im going down in the next few days to see what they advise for my room but maybe worth a look

LittleNipper

found this company and very local to me im going down in the next few days to see what they advise for my room but maybe worth a look

I bought some stuff from this company. Happy with what I got, but had a bit of struggle getting it. How did you find the company ? Did you go down ?

fatrich

I bought some stuff from this company. Happy with what I got, but had a bit of struggle getting it. How did you find the company ? Did you go down ?
I went down as they are 5 minutes from where i live they are never there, so i decided to make my own in the end

LittleNipper

I went down as they are 5 minutes from where i live they are never there, so i decided to make my own in the end
To be honest, they are not too hard to do once you see what is involved in the construction of them. I'm going to be making some suspended vinyl base traps. I will do a thread when I do of how I made them as well as what freq I was trying to cure and how I came about my calcs

fatrich

To be honest, they are not too hard to do once you see what is involved in the construction of them. I'm going to be making some suspended vinyl base traps. I will do a thread when I do of how I made them as well as what freq I was trying to cure and how I came about my calcs
I ended up making 10 panels of difference sizes and thickness, was a little time consuming but saved a fortune
Im just waiting the material for the last 4, when they are up ill take some photos, the material matched the wall colour so they wont stand out or look out of place

LittleNipper

I ended up making 10 panels of difference sizes and thickness, was a little time consuming but saved a fortune
Im just waiting the material for the last 4, when they are up ill take some photos, the material matched the wall colour so they wont stand out or look out of place
The inner joy of matching wall colourings is a simple pleasure us guys love !

fatrich

Kingchin

I've got 6 acoustic panels from SKS Acoustics. Good quality panels but I would advise anyone not to buy from them! I waited months and months and more months with repeated excuses from the owner Rick Abel on why they never got sent out. Eventually got them very late in subpar packaging, luckily none were damaged.

I was one of the lucky one's. Some people didn't even get theirs. And had to contact their bank and take the guy to court to try get their money back. Very badly run company which is a shame as good products. And a few low key artists plus music studio's in the UK use room treatment from SKS Acoustics.

fatrich

I've got 6 acoustic panels from SKS Acoustics. Good quality panels but I would advise anyone not to buy from them! I waited months and months and more months with repeated excuses from the owner Rick Abel on why they never got sent out. Eventually got them very late in subpar packaging, luckily none were damaged.

I was one of the lucky one's. Some people didn't even get theirs. And had to contact their bank and take the guy to court to try get their money back. Very badly run company which is a shame as good products. And a few low key artists plus music studio's in the UK use room treatment from SKS Acoustics.
Ive been past their workshop about 6 times in the last week and there is never anyone there always locked up which is a real shame

Kingchin

Ive been past their workshop about 6 times in the last week and there is never anyone there always locked up which is a real shame
Yep is a real shame! Plus side as you said saved a good wod of cash by building your own panels.

fatrich

Yep is a real shame! Plus side as you said saved a good wod of cash by building your own panels.
Yes probably saved me a good few hundred quid, plus quite therapeutic making them

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom