1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streaming!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by DaveP, Apr 25, 2005.

1. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I try to keep uptodate with technology but I seem to have missed out when it comes to this one!

Apparently there are even TV shows streamed over the internet but I've no idea how to view them, and it's probably illegal anyway!

What I'd like to do however, is "stream" programs around my house, if this is possible/legal.

I've got a Sweetspot capture card and using this I can show sky programs on my screen using my projector or on my TFT.

Is it possible to stream this over my home network so that I can, say, use media player on another PC to view the sky channels live?

Thanks

Dave

2. David PluggedIn

David PluggedIn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Dave

if you look at www.videolan.org then you can do it using their software.

regards

3. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks David, I'll take a look tonight

Cheers

Dave

4. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I had a quick look and it seems to me, like all Open Source software, it needs a bit of a brain to get it working.

Consequently I had a look around for a Microsoft "No Brainer" and found this site .

After taking a few minutes to de-install Media Encoder 9 and install 7.1 I had it up and running.

It may be possible to get it working with version 9 but they have changed the menu structure and I just couldn't get to grips with what option was where.

Dave