Streaming Windows 7 to Toshiba 32L6353 Smart TV

ses6jwg

Standard Member
Hi Guys.

I recently purchased a new Toshiba 32L6353 Smart TV.

Picture is great... however having some problems using the Smart Features.

I basically want to stream wirelessly from my ASUS Windows 7 Laptop.

I initially tried installing WiDi on my Laptop... however it appears that the wireless card does not meet the minimum requirements (I have an Intel 100 card and it needs 1000 minimum)

Is there any other way I can stream to the TV wirelessly? Or am I going to have to purchase a new laptop/ change the wireless card? Help much appreciated.

next010

Distinguished Member
For Intel WiDi you must have the full chain of hardware for it to work. If you replace the internal WiFi card on the laptop with one that is certified for WiDi that should work. ebay is the best place to get your hands on mini PCI-e Intel WiFi adapters.

There are no USB Intel WiFi (WiDi compatible) adapters to the best of my knowledge.

If all you want to do is stream video files not the desktop, download serviio or mezzmo dlna media server and that will make any video files mp4,wmv etc playable on the TV.

There are other ways to stream the desktop but it would involve other boxes I would go with the Intel adapter option first, they are cheap enough to get.

ses6jwg

Standard Member
Not bothered about the desktop really just the media files. I managed to get a home network and share the folders set up however the TV does not recognise most of the files as they are MKV or XVID... might have to convert to MP4.

next010

Distinguished Member
Just use Mezzmo, that will make everything work.

The built in media server on Windows has very limited support whereas Mezzmo supports almost everything and has the best DLNA profiles for transcoding so it converts incompatible media on the fly.

ses6jwg

Standard Member
SO ANNOYING.

TIRED MEZZMO. It will happily connect TV to PC.... and stream mp3 files. However when i go into the video folder it just says "no applicable files" on the TV, despite having transcoding enabled.

next010

Distinguished Member
Dumb question I know but have you added the folders holding videos into Mezzmo, by default it only monitors the user\videos folder.

Also in the device button I think is where it lists DLNA devices on the network, check that a Toshiba profile is applied to the TV, if it isn't manually set the Toshiba profile or if one already is you could try forcing generic DLNA profile.

TVMobili is another DLNA server I recommend and they mention Toshiba support if it Mezzmo does not work out.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom