Question Streaming tv with a black border around the tv

Gr8tylor

Novice Member
Reaction score
Through any addon with my minix neo x8h plus there's a black border around the edge of the screen. I'm sure it's something in my settings but I can't figure it out. When I change from xbmc/kodi to the Internet browser to watch tv through streamlive.to there's no border. It's only when I watch shows, not on any addons or menus?

The black border is approximately 1" and almost goes all the way to the edge but there's a 1mm thin strip where I can see the tv broadcast

In Kodi

System / system

Video output Tab

Video calibration - you should have a sort of inverted L in the top left use the arrow keys to make it go just off screen - press enter - do the same to the bottom right - exit out.

You should be done

I did that originally when I hooked it up but it's only on add-ons that I see this. Any other thoughts?

Here's what I'm talking about

Attachments

• 1448318312737.jpg
    1448318312737.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 34
Go back to the calibration and set it back to 100% instead of this option look for setting in your TVs menu for fit to screen or similar option (just scan)

How old is the matererial and what quality is it?

Try watching something that is HD and see if you have the same problem

It was all in the settings, the calibration where you align the corners, I think after I aligned it before it didn't save for some odd reason. Thanks again

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom