Streaming to Samsung smart TV UE26EH4510

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by rbartlett, Sep 9, 2012.

1. rbartlett

rbartlett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Chaps

I recently bought one of these TV's in the hope of streaming from my main PC,

The PC can 'see' the TV but nothing else past that and I can't see where to access the network from the TV

also is there a way of getting a wireless mouse/keyboard to work and if so which one (I am aware of the rather costly Samsung one)

TIA

2. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,105
    Well usually what you do is install a DLNA server on the PC e.g Serviio or Mezzmo are two good ones.

Then you press the media player button on the remote and it should bring that up on screen and it will list things like what media server to pick, video,photos,audio and you just go into one of those to access your media. If there is no media player on the remote see if there is an Allshare hub on the TV and you might find the media player in there.

3. rbartlett

rbartlett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Cool

I have seen where I can load video's and pictures via the all share but I would like to be able to stream football and F1 etc is that possible??

4. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,105
    No not possible outright...

You'd need a web browser and the media done via HTML5 video, protected video streams dont use HTML5 video they use Flash which isnt supported on embedded systems.

Another way is is to re-direct the video stream & expose it via another means, this can be done via plugins with media server like Serviio, however for this to work you or someone else will have had to gone to the trouble of creating that plugin for that website.

5. rbartlett

rbartlett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    can i make the tv a second monitor via wireless and stream it that way. i am on w7

6. bubblegum57

bubblegum57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    Have you gone into the tv menu, setting, network
    & set the tv up? use a network cable to begin with.

You might find that, the tv will play most files over the network without the need for transcoding with serviio or mezzmo.

If you want pretty cover art for movies, have a look at installing plex on the laptop.

Just had another thought, serviio has plugins, that can get bbc iplayer .

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  7. rbartlett

rbartlett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    It's currently wireless as that was the easiest option (main PC/router upstairs and TV in kitchen. it networked really easily first time to the main PC and just needed authorising by the three laptops which complete the network...that said one of the laptiops keeps coming up with install samsung TV DVR driver which is confusing me somehwhat as it plays the film as mentioned below...I have ordered a 10m cat 5 cable which I can use originally bought for the main TV to router but (with a bit of jiggery pokery getting it down there..) it will be hardwired to the router if you think it will help....

I can get Iplayer and ITV player no problem....

I have managed to play a downloaded movie from a laptop wirelessly -see above- to the TV and it was ok. I haven't managed to get it to show pictures but that isn't a function I will ever want or need.

As I say it's mainly for streaming F1 and football and to play movies but as it stands as I say I can stream movies (for my daughter as I don't watch films very often) but it's the ability to show streamed content that would be the real deal for me

8. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,105
    One way would be if you have an Android tablet/phone or iOS device and get Twonky Beam, this captures the video stream link (assuming it even plays on Android via web browser) then pushes it via DLNA to your media player. For this to work the DLNA device must be a DLNA DMR (digital media renderer) most new Samsung's are but I don't know if yours is.

As to display the desktop that is complicated but there are a few ways
    1) Capture the desktop as a live video stream, some DLNA servers can do this like Serviio (pretty complicated) and Wild Media Server, however there is a high level of latency and may not be suitable for video.

2) Video sender, probably the easiest way as it plugs into your PC then the other end plugs into the TV. Suitable for video.

3) HDMI output capture, best image quality and lowest latency but expensive and limited range.

4) Intel WiDi if you happen to have recent Intel hardware but you still need to purchase an Intel WiDi set top box.

5) Android tablet or phone with HDMI output, use Splashtop on your PC to stream desktop to the tablet.

9. rbartlett

rbartlett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    It's going to take me a very long time googling all those terms...:smashin:

10. castalla

castalla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Can someone describe how to change the smart hub region on this particular model?