Streaming Tidal with Oppo 203

DJ Dave

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Been trying to fathom out if I can stream from Tidal to my Oppo 203 and I don’t think I can?
The Oppo app only appears to stream tracks from the iPhone music library.
Is there an uncomplicated way of playing Tidal through the Oppo? Tidal seems to need Airplay or Bluetooth. My Oppo is connected to my wifi.

Hi, you can use Oppo media control app on your IOS device. It finds your player , then you can log into tidal or Qobuz and stream direct . It won't (as far as I can work out) stream Atmos though. I also us mconnectlite application as well. Nice thing about this one is it shows the playback quality , which for some reason even the Bluesound hardware doesn't . Both above are free and work well with my Oppo 103

Hi, you can use Oppo media control app on your IOS device. It finds your player , then you can log into tidal or Qobuz and stream direct . It won't (as far as I can work out) stream Atmos though. I also us mconnectlite application as well. Nice thing about this one is it shows the playback quality , which for some reason even the Bluesound hardware doesn't . Both above are free and work well with my Oppo 103
Thanks for replying. The Oppo app finds the player, but it doesn’t work playing Tidal. The Oppo app only shows music that’s on the mobile device and the Oppo 203 has no Airplay, so there’s no option for Tidal to connect to the Oppo. Or am I being thick lol? I really ought to be able to play Tidal through an Oppo 203, but can’t work it out. The only other way is to get a wifi streaming connecter to my Yamaha Amp, then I can cut out the Oppo altogether.

Last edited:
  • Firstly , on my Oppo 103 I can clearly see the Tidal application
  • It doesn't 'do' anything , when you open it it says Download Oppo Media
  • On my Oppo 103 once I open the media control app it finds the player
    • It of course needs to be on the network - mine has ethernet plugged in
  • Then you press the player and the next screen is 'Source'
  • You 'should' have Tidal here as well as 'The Device'
  • Press Tidal, then log-in and browse from there
IMG_0488.PNG

As my above post, my 103 definitely does do tidal via the Oppo media app, and the tidal APP is on the 103 home page
Yes I’ve got the iOS mconnectHD app and that will unfold Tidal MQA to the sister Cambridge Audio CXUHD so assume it will to the Oppo as well, if that’s of importance.

View attachment 1456137
When I open Tidal on the Oppo app it fails to play anything. Any idea why?

The Oppo 203 supports UPnP/DLNA so as mentioned above you should be able to use any UPnP control app that supports Tidal ie. BubbleUPnP (Android), mConnect (iOS) or Audirvana (OS/Windows desktop).

Alternatively dump Tidal and switch to a HiRes streaming service who's native app supports UPnP/DLNA.
Appreciate this is probably common knowledge, however it wasn’t to me, and you’ve just saved me from splurging money on a dedicated streamer when the 203 will already do the job with a uPnP app.

Hard to show gratitude over here, but seriously, thank you very much 👍

Will

View attachment 1456137
Hi Jabwylie.
I know, it is an old thread, but if don't mind to reply, I would be grateful 🙏
I'm very close to buy used Oppo UDP 203 and my main use would be a streaming Tidal.
So... You said, it shouldn't be any issue to play it contents via Oppo 203 ?
At the moment - as a player - I use Volumio installed on me phone and Raspberry Pi 3 and it works perfectly.
Just wonder if I'd have to switch for Roon in case of using Oppo ?
Regards
Pawel

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom