Streaming music question

nstar67731

Novice Member
Reaction score
Apologies in advance for my ignorance. I am using a anthem 540 receiver with a pair of Cornwall iv’s.
I am steaming music to the Anthem using the tidal hi res subscription from the app on my iPhone 12.

Is going to a blue sound node going to be a large step up in sound quality vs just steaming from my phone to the anthem being both connected to same wi-if? I am using the internal dac in the anthem.

Thanks for your time, I have tried doing research on my own and I feel like I am missing something that would justify the expense of going to external streamer.

short answer: no

longer answer: kind of depends on how you wanted to connect the blue sound node to your existing system. whatever way you do, be it analoge out or digital out.I dont see any benefit of using a node. Using the anologue out will imo likely lose sq as you would be ommiting arc room correction.

I'd recommend using that money to invest in room treatment or going dual sub (if applicable)

Do you feel like something is missing or your system can be improed upon?

I wasn’t aware off you lose the room correction, if you use analog cables. If you are using the room correction, then I don’t see any point of addressing the room with acoustic panels. It’s your call. I don’t have any experience with neither off the options.

My listing room is normal room. Sofa etc.

Buy new speakers instead, if you can.

I’d like to point out the DAC in the Node is very good. No need to use an external DAC. If you do you’ll lose MQA unfolding. So you need to get an DAC which unfolds MQA files.

If you do get an external DAC, you need to go in the audio settings and highlight the MQA option.

If you don’t use MQA, only normal hifi (which is the best) then you don’t need an external DAC which supports MQA files.

My opinion. Ditch Tidal. Try Spotify premium. Get some decent speakers. Many to chose from.

short answer: no

longer answer: kind of depends on how you wanted to connect the blue sound node to your existing system. whatever way you do, be it analoge out or digital out.I dont see any benefit of using a node. Using the anologue out will imo likely lose sq as you would be ommiting arc room correction.

I'd recommend using that money to invest in room treatment or going dual sub (if applicable)

Do you feel like something is missing or your system can be improed upon?
Thank you. Yes sound treatment will be next. I am in a finished basement and could use some of that.

I wasn’t aware off you lose the room correction, if you use analog cables. If you are using the room correction, then I don’t see any point of addressing the room with acoustic panels. It’s your call. I don’t have any experience with neither off the options.

My listing room is normal room. Sofa etc.

Buy new speakers instead, if you can.

I’d like to point out the DAC in the Node is very good. No need to use an external DAC. If you do you’ll lose MQA unfolding. So you need to get an DAC which unfolds MQA files.

If you do get an external DAC, you need to go in the audio settings and highlight the MQA option.

If you don’t use MQA, only normal hifi (which is the best) then you don’t need an external DAC which supports MQA files.

My opinion. Ditch Tidal. Try Spotify premium. Get some decent speakers. Many to chose from.

Technically you can still use arc room rq but the avr will need to convert the signal back to digital to carry out any dsp then obviously back to analogue.

I'm happy with my tidal (cd quality) app on my Apple tv device.
Same quality, but music videos, surround music and 101 other uses.

I’m not sure what you might expect to improve using room treatment?

ARC Genesis is not under developed in that regard.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom