Streaming Music from PC - Playlists??

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by prettyvacant, May 5, 2007.

1. prettyvacant

prettyvacant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    :lease:

I've been successfully streaming music from my PC to my 360 for a while now and it's a great feature, the thing i'm having trouble with is playlists.

When you're in-game and you select music from your Computer, there's a category for "Saved Playlists". How do you actually get playlists in there?

I've tried creating playlists in Itunes (which I rip all my music to my PC with) and WMP 11 but I can't find them anywhere?

I also tried creating a playlist on the Music Player on the 360 but if the music is streamed from a PC, it won't let you save it :mad:

Any ideas? Is there a way round this?

Would love to make some decent driving lists for when Forza 2 comes out :D

Cheers

2. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,473
    That's strange - the playlists I create in WMP11 definitely show up when streaming... You are using MP3s and playlists in media player right? (iTunes ones definitely don't work)

3. Member 79251

Member 79251
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,187
    Go into media player and also onto the mp3 section on the 360 at the same time......Do you have any current playlists setup have you also indexed your songs recently ? The playlist is stored on media player its not like a pls file.

I think you can right click on an album and then save as playlist ! Once you have a few setup....refresh your 360 playlist option and you should be looking at the same lists ;)

4. ukkev2000

ukkev2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    It will ONLY PICK UP WMP11 PLAYLISTS
    You will have to ENABLE SHARING (in wmp11)
    You will have to ALLOW YOUR 360 (in wmp11)

There, job done.

Oh, well, you could make sure the WindowsMediaSharing Network service is running - it should be unless, like me, you've disabled it 'cos it keeps waking up and stealing all the CPU for minutes at a time...

IIRC Media only shows up once I've run WMP11, so if you use iTunes as your primary player, don't forget to fire up WMP11 and leave it going for a few minutes while it starts sharing and "discovers" your 360.

iTunes? {shudder}

5. prettyvacant

prettyvacant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Well I'll be damned....

Just built a few new ones in WMP11 and they've popped up! :oops:

Have been using Itunes for a few years now, have always found it pretty intuitive - playlists, podcasts, MP3 cd burning etc... Think I've just found a reason to change!

Thanks to all who replied :smashin:

Mods - any chance of adding a mention of this in the FAQ?

Cheers

6. eyeballKid

eyeballKid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Hmm, used foobar to make a few ".m3u" playlists (iTunes not letting you save playlists, can't be bothered finding/writing something to hack the iTunes XML) pointing to (the full path of) MP3 files in my iTunes library, dropped the playlists into the "My Music" folder which is watched by Windows Media Connect on the PC, and the 360 just sees them (plus my entire iTunes library if I just want a whole album) no probs.