• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Streaming music and video

iamnotbanksy

i have noticed that the mrs has started watching more streamed media on the computer from both iplayer and other sources. Our pc is in the dining room so all this is done on the pc with a 17" monitor. What option exit for streaming this to my amp/plasma in the front room? I'd like to be able to donwload films, and stream music but without losing much in terms on quality. I say without losing much as loose term as most content is compressed on the internet? i'd like to be able to control the content in the main room but am not sure whats available? do we have a box that would play say a downloaded divx film or stream from iplayer at a decent quality?

what about music?

any help appreciated. if these questions have been posted before can someone post me the links to the threads? Ta:thumbsup:

amcluesent

Distinguished Member
X-Box 360 when used as media player?

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
loads of options - Consoles, Apple TV (hacked if pos), XBMC, HTPC, build a cheap linux box with Linux Media center, or dedicated streaming boxes galore now ranging from pretty good to terrible. But wrong forum really, head over 'media' streamers forum if i was you :)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom