streaming iTunes on Xbox360? Can it be done???

luke_1983uk

Established Member
Reaction score
I was looking into buying a Roku M1001 soundbridge so i could stream my itunes library up into my room. But now im wondering whether the 360 could do this?

If so what would i need to do? I do not have a media centre pc, but iv heard all i would need is media connect?

Also would the 360 be able to stream from itunes on windows or does it only work on macs?

If anyone can advise on how to set this up i'd be very grateful!

Many Thanks

There's a section about this in the FAQ at the top of the forum, but essentially, you can indeed stream from iTunes on an XP PC to your 360 no worries.

Just run Media Connect on the PC and set up your 360 to look for your PC on your home network and bingo! Watch out though, because you can't stream any items you may have bought from the iTunes music store as these have DRM that prevent this, so if you have alot of iTunes store music, the 360 isn't the best solution for you perhaps.

Iv just been reading that you cant? & that you can only play AAC music directly from the iPod? Iv seen a piece of software called Connect360 which looks EXCELLENT and would do the job, but i think its only for macs :eek:(

I find it cant read the ID tags properly , so I just plugged in my ipod

luke_1983uk said:
Iv just been reading that you cant? & that you can only play AAC music directly from the iPod? Iv seen a piece of software called Connect360 which looks EXCELLENT and would do the job, but i think its only for macs :eek:(

correct. cant be done at the moment. stupid, huh?

I'll just keep my fingers crossed that someone creates a software like Connect360 so all us windows users can stream AAC directly from itunes!

Munkey Boy said:
There's a section about this in the FAQ at the top of the forum, but essentially, you can indeed stream from iTunes on an XP PC to your 360 no worries.

Just run Media Connect on the PC and set up your 360 to look for your PC on your home network and bingo! Watch out though, because you can't stream any items you may have bought from the iTunes music store as these have DRM that prevent this, so if you have alot of iTunes store music, the 360 isn't the best solution for you perhaps.

incorrect. cannot stream anything stored in itunes format, even CD's which u burned to itunes yourself. you can creat a mirror library in mp3 format, but that means you have double the amount of songs on your hard drive.

krlock2 said:
incorrect. cannot stream anything stored in itunes format, even CD's which u burned to itunes yourself. you can creat a mirror library in mp3 format, but that means you have double the amount of songs on your hard drive.

Which would be rubbish and slow the computer down hugely! Dont see why Microsoft have done this tbh

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom