Streaming issue with WD My Book Live 3TB & Sony BDV-E385

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by KMP, Aug 22, 2013.

1. KMP

KMP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This might be in the wrong spot, if so, I apologize.

I'm having streaming issues with my Sony BluRay player/WD My Book Live. I can stream from my laptop to the player, and from the My Book to the laptop, but when I try to stream from the My Book to the Sony, it plays 5 seconds or so, stalls, and skips. It acts like it is trying to download the file instead of stream it. I've searched and there is a ton of info on this, but not a lot of concise fixes. Anyone had this issue and found a fix? BTW, my My Book Live only has DLNA, not TWONKY.

2. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,105
    My Book Live runs Twonky last I heard unless something has changed, Twonky is a DLNA server. Unless you have the My Book Live Duo that uses a different DLNA server.

Is firmware up to date on My Book Live ?

Is the My Book Live on ethernet or wireless ?

Is the media on the NAS compatible with the Sony BDV-E385, the NAS cannot transcode like a PC can. Check the manual to see if the media is supported over DLNA and try playing the same media from a USB flash drive.

3. Puddytatt

Puddytatt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please help
    My newly purchased Sony BDP-S3100 is also taking a long time to play directly from the 'DLNA' compliant MyBookLive 3TB hard drive... why do they bother claiming it's DLNA when it barely works??
    All my software and firmware are updated.