Streaming files to my Onkyo 414???

belfastchild

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.
I've got Onkyo 414 an the wireless network adapter.
I just need to know how to share my music/fotos over the home network.
I have the app on my iphone & I'm able to listen to internet radio and stream songs from my fone, but dunno how to set up so I can listen to my music stored on pc, upstairs.
Thnx

You'd need to run a DLNA uPnP server on the upstairs PC in order to serve the files over your home network. This is what the receiver looks for when you select network as a source. You'd first select the server on the PC when it appears and then the associated folder in which your media files are stored.

Thnx Dante.
I'll try it after work. The Reciever us showing on my pc & when u press Net on reciever remote, my pc shows up here, too.
When I try to select pc, tho, I get this message "Authentication failed. you do not have permission to use this server"

Yeah, the PC has Windows Media Player which acts as the DLNA server, but I'm guessing you've not set it up and configured it yet? You'll need to set WMP up on the PC and grant permissions for other devices to access file directories on you PC. I'm not overly familiar on the best way of handling this seeing as I'm an Apple Mac user. This may be of some help:

How to Stream Digital Media From Your Windows 7 PC | PCWorld

and
Share your media - Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP

and
Media Streaming with Windows 7 - Engineering Windows 7 - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

Windows Media Player isn't the best DLNA uPnP server option out there though and you may want to look into using a third party server instead?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom