Streaming Fail

Jim255

Standard Member
I had BT Infinity installed yesterday. Very happy with 37 down and 8 up :smashin:

However, I now have a problem with my Logik WEB radio.
I set it up on the new router with WPA key etc. and all was good. However, after a couple of hours last night, the connection dropped, and did not recover. I still had Wireless internet OK on other kit, but I had to reboot the web radio to restore connection, and then it kept dropping out. I have had the radio a couple of years now, and used both WEP, and later WPA wireless on it with no problems.
I am at a loss to explain this, or how to remedy. The wireless is strong, and I have tried fixing the channel of the WiFi signal, but this hasn't helped.

Any ideas, peeps?

themediaman

IP address problems maybe...................if the radio has an IP address that you have assigned or stays the same by default this may be causing problems......

Go into the routers intrerface and look for your radio, this might shed some light on whats wrong, could be on the wrong subnet................eg.........192.168.0.1 = router 192.168.1.10 = radio

Jim255

Standard Member
Thanks for that. Wierd how it can work initially, then fail??? I will investigate further when I get home from work.

Jim255

Standard Member
Well, I rechecked the settings. The web radio is set to DHCP, and all seems fine. I left it streaming from about 4pm yesterday, and it didn't miss a beat - until half past midnight! Then the stream stopped. I could not get any station to stream. I went back into the menu and rescanned for a wireless LAN. reconnected to my wifi, and it then began to stream again, and continued so to do.
This is so strange - never had this problem before.

Jim255

Standard Member
Hi,
I cannot connect with a wire, as no Ethernet port is fitted to the net radio. However, I have had a bit of a breakthrough - information-wise, anyway.

This is the net radio I have: IR100, and as you can see from that site, they are not without problems! Additionally, I used this radio on WEP up until recently, when I switched to WPA encryption (on my old ADSL2 modem). From that point, it has suffered a bit from pauses where it has to re-buffer, but I put that down to the provider. It turns out that the problem is that the WPA encryption requires more processing power than WEP, and it was struggling to keep up. My new BT Hub has an even longer key, and so more processing is required, and I think this has pushed it to its limits! :rolleyes: Bear in mind the radio was designed 5 years ago, and is now quite old hat.

Therefore, I have plumped for one of these to replace it. These are available from £70, and offer an FM radio as well for backup!

Soon will be sorted. :thumbsup:

themediaman

Can you not change the encryption back to a more suitable one for the radio...?

themediaman

I could, but do not want to make the connection less secure for the laptop, PC, Android Tablet and 2 smart phones which are using it as well.
Its really all about stopping unauthorized users using your LAN/Internet.........

But if your willing to pay the money for a new one that's your preference...seems a lot for a simple setting change.........

Jim255

Standard Member
Well, here is another update. I was contacted by the webmaster of the IR100 page linked above. He highlighted to me the fact I could opt in to 'beta' firmware on the Reciva web site, and he advised this cured most problems. He advised right! The latest beta software has resolved the issue, and the web radio now works fine. Looks like I get an extra web radio to use which I thought was junk!

themediaman

Well, here is another update. I was contacted by the webmaster of the IR100 page linked above. He highlighted to me the fact I could opt in to 'beta' firmware on the Reciva web site, and he advised this cured most problems. He advised right! The latest beta software has resolved the issue, and the web radio now works fine. Looks like I get an extra web radio to use which I thought was junk!
Good result...............:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom