streaming around the house help needed

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by dapex, Oct 22, 2005.

1. dapex

dapex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    This isnt HD related as such but seeing as so many of you have an interets inthe snazio wireless players etc I guess you may be able to help me..

I am going to buy the HD snazio player as I want to be able to stream music etc from the PC to the TV, but i would also like to be able to do things the other way round as well. I would like to be able to plug my sky box into a unit that will then stream around the house. We want to put a TV in the kitchen but getting cables around the conservatory, round the patio etc just makes it to impractical.

Any thoughts... I dont have a Media pc and dont really want one as we dont yet have HD tv (still using good old fashioned scart) and my sky+ does all the pvr functions i need (and its nice and simple for the wife)

Any advice greatly received....

Cheers

2. qwiksilver

qwiksilver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Tarbat

Tarbat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +303
    Something like a Digisender will do this for you - http://www.digisender.net/

4. Stephen Neal

Stephen Neal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +921
    Yep - it is a solution if you don't mind composite quality and a relatively noisy FM microwave link. They also share the same bandwith as WiFi and Bluetooth, so can cause problems if you have either of these already.

They are a slightly better solution than wiring RF aerial connections around the place though - as they carry analogue stereo audio, wherease RF connections are mono only for locally modulated stuff (like the output of a Sky box)

5. Tarbat

Tarbat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +303
    Use the DigiSender Control Zentrum then for RGB instead of composite. I've got a Digisender, and never had any interference with my 802.11g network, once I picked suitable channels to use.