1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

streaming around the house help needed

Discussion in 'TVs' started by dapex, Oct 22, 2005.

1. dapex

dapex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    This isnt HD related as such but seeing as so many of you have an interets inthe snazio wireless players etc I guess you may be able to help me..

I am going to buy the HD snazio player as I want to be able to stream music etc from the PC to the TV, but i would also like to be able to do things the other way round as well. I would like to be able to plug my sky box into a unit that will then stream around the house. We want to put a TV in the kitchen but getting cables around the conservatory, round the patio etc just makes it to impractical.

Any thoughts... I dont have a Media pc and dont really want one as we dont yet have HD tv (still using good old fashioned scart) and my sky+ does all the pvr functions i need (and its nice and simple for the wife)

Any advice greatly received....

Cheers

2. qwiksilver

qwiksilver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Tarbat

Tarbat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +252
    Something like a Digisender will do this for you - http://www.digisender.net/

4. Stephen Neal

Stephen Neal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +681
    Yep - it is a solution if you don't mind composite quality and a relatively noisy FM microwave link. They also share the same bandwith as WiFi and Bluetooth, so can cause problems if you have either of these already.

They are a slightly better solution than wiring RF aerial connections around the place though - as they carry analogue stereo audio, wherease RF connections are mono only for locally modulated stuff (like the output of a Sky box)

5. Tarbat

Tarbat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +252
    Use the DigiSender Control Zentrum then for RGB instead of composite. I've got a Digisender, and never had any interference with my 802.11g network, once I picked suitable channels to use.