Streaming 2160 From Media Player is Too Dark

qwales

I'd pretty much given up on Streaming 2160 films from my media pc through the Denon Amp to my LG OLED, the content is just too dark.

I thought I had a breakthrough this week, in fact I did, I plugged my WD external hard drive directly into the Tv via usb and voila, a perfect picture. The only problem now is that I no longer have Atmos and I have spent a lot of time effort and money on a 7.2.4 system. I do get Atmos streaming from the media Pc and via Netflix. Any help would be much appreciated.

mjn

Distinguished Member
If your video card has two outputs, you can send output one to your LG OLED and output two to your amp if you think it is the amp causing the issues.

qwales

Thanks I'll give it a go, it's an RX570 with one HDMI and 3xDP. I'm not sure if there is a DP in the middle of the TV but there is a spare HDMI on the side so when the adapter I just happened to have ordered the other day, arrives, I'll give it a try.

razy60

Just a word of caution DP to HDMI conversion restricts video output to 30hz, which is fine for movie's but can change other display settings.
Forgot to ask if your TV is DV enabled have you tried with it off?

qwales

Just a word of caution DP to HDMI conversion restricts video output to 30hz, which is fine for movie's but can change other display settings.
Ah thanks, I guess that kinda defeats the object of getting a perfect 2160 image, I'm probably better off sticking with 1080P than doing that?

Forgot to ask if your TV is DV enabled have you tried with it off?
It's a 65" 2017/18 LG OLED, I had a look through all the settings but didn't see anything for Dolby Vision