streamer with FM tuner

dood

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a streamer which will play internet radio but also have a built in FM tuner? I currently use a Denon N8 in my kitchen but find this unreliable as it loses connection with my NAS drive, internet radio keeps breaking up and the tablet apps are terrible.

Background:
In my bedroom I have an old system with logitech squeezebox toouch, Cyrus FM tuner, arcam amp and speakers. Whilst this sounds good, my wife has decided it's too ugly and big for the bedroom. So I need to replace all of it with a single box solution (tuner, streamer, amp) that will be connected to in-ceiling speakers. Preferably the streamer will be in another room, so phone and tablet apps are important - good reliable interface needed.

I know that internet radio makes FM redundant, but my experience with choppy reception makes me feel that a reliable tuner would be good. In fact on my Denon, it's the FM tuner that is the only reliable thing.

If I cannot get something suitable I was thinking of going the sonos route, but then again I could just keep the squeezebox and amp hooked up in another room.
I'm assuming a good in-ceiling speaker would sound better than a stand alone unit like the play 5.

Any suggestions?

>I'm assuming a good in-ceiling speaker would sound better than a stand alone unit like the play 5.<

I'd say not

I have an N8 and had issues with internet radio and server connection over wifi but swapped to using homeplugs and that resolved the issue. The only time internet radio becomes choppy now is when I am also doing a large download over my broadband connection but that is more about the rubbish bandwidth I have from BT in a rural location.

May be over featured, but the Marantz M-CR610 has FM/DAB and internet radio, Airplay etc etc. Pleased with mine, but switching between presets from the Call button is slow (several seconds). The 510 is quicker, apparently.

May be over featured, but the Marantz M-CR610 has FM/DAB and internet radio, Airplay etc etc. Pleased with mine, but switching between presets from the Call button is slow (several seconds). The 510 is quicker, apparently.
thanks for your response. Seems like its an upgdrade on the 603 and now has wfi. It seems very similar to the demon n8 with added second speaker output and am radio. The marantz remote app is identical tthe denon one. Can you access your music server from this app? I can't. If you can id like to discuss your setup

No AM, but it does have DAB. It’s a better featured version of the N8 I guess. I've never used the app, so I can't comment on that. I just AirPlay and Airfoil and stream from my MacBook.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom