Streamer with Amazon HD and Spotify without connected phone

MirekL

Novice Member
Hi all,

I used to have Sonos as my streamed audio source. I was mainly using Spotify. Yes, I know about music quality limitation but the overall user experience was great.

After I've upgraded my system I've ended up with Anthem and PlayFi. Don't get me wrong - it sounds amazing and I love it. But...
The PlayFi app is a bit of a disaster tbh. Apart from a general lack of user-friendliness in design and the patchy streaming, my main issue right now is that I have to use my phone to stream anything. With Sonos I could add my Spotify account and anyone at home would be able to control the music. PlayFi only supports Spotify connect afaik. PlayFi Transfer music doesn't work for Amazon Music - the only thing I've managed to play natively from amp is Internet radio.

The new Sonos Port seems to have issues with outputting high-res bitstream without affecting it:

So I'm looking for a streamer with digital output (I want to use my Anthem's DAC) which can host Amazon Music HD and Spotify. I want anyone within my network to be able to connect and control the music that is played using the account from the device. I want the music to continue to play even after I leave the flat.

Any advice?

Jester1066

Bluesound Node 2i:

MirekL

Novice Member
Thanks for the reply. I've read threads about Node 2i but I couldn't find any reference to my specific problem. Could one of the owners confirm that one can connect to the Node without own Amazon Music HD account and select the music to play from the device?

I would love to hear from first hand experience. In theory my Anthem and Play Fi offer the transfer to device option. But the bloody thing doesn't work

Jester1066

Thanks for the reply. I've read threads about Node 2i but I couldn't find any reference to my specific problem. Could one of the owners confirm that one can connect to the Node without own Amazon Music HD account and select the music to play from the device?

I would love to hear from first hand experience. In theory my Anthem and Play Fi offer the transfer to device option. But the bloody thing doesn't work
I can't answer this (yet), but might be able to soon as I'm.hoping to get a Node 2i.on home demo - connected via Coaxial to.my Audiolab 6000A. I'm also going to be trialing a number of streaming services (Tidal, Amazon Music HD Spotify Qoboz etc)..... Then write my own review of the Node 2i & each streaming service.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom