Streamer for Michi S5/P5 combo!

sedicivalvole

Novice Member
Hello everyone! Happy to be here!
After years of trial & error I have found my the love of my life! the S5/P5 combo! ,
just got in to streaming and P5 does only allow for aptx bluetooth streaming which is lossy.
Since I have a great dac & preamp already, I want to have an only streamer option so I can let my P5 work its magic on the digital signal.

Is there a good streamer, that is Airplay 2 / Tidal Connect / Spotify Connect ready? that comes without a Preamp and DAC?
I've seen the ''Yamaha WXAD10'' But that unit has a DAC inside with no digital out to send the signal directly to P5. So that would defeat the reason of my preamp.

Thanks guys.

1020rotel.amp.jpg

nomorelandings

Congrats on your new pre/power. Fabulous. Believe that the P5 has the same dual AKM DAC chips as my TEAC. I feed the new Node into the TEAC (except RP MQA) and the spdif out from the Node works well. Played into another built in Japan amp, a Luxman, the Node sounds remarkably good considering the price disparity. I have no experience of much higher priced network bridges from dCS, Auralic etc which should offer something better, sq wise, as they should at @ 8 X the price. The Node BlueOS allows you to install the Spotify app which I guess is Connect. Tidal is due to do the same via firmware update, but I don’t use either. The BlueOS is excellent, imho, although Amazon HD functionality could be better. You can enable MQA out via spdif to feed the P5 While awaiting Tidal Connect.

Last edited:

sedicivalvole

Novice Member
Congrats on your new pre/power. Fabulous. Believe that the P5 has the same dual AKM DAC chips as my TEAC. I feed the new Node into the TEAC (except RP MQA) and the spdif out from the Node works well. Played into another built in Japan amp, a Luxman, the Node sounds remarkably good considering the price disparity. I have no experience of much higher priced network bridges from dCS, Auralic etc which should offer something better, sq wise, as they should at @ 8 X the price. The Node BlueOS allows you to install the Spotify app which I guess is Connect. Tidal is due to do the same via firmware update, but I don’t use either. The BlueOS is excellent, imho, although Amazon HD functionality could be better. You can enable MQA out via spdif to feed the P5 While awaiting Tidal Connect.

Sounds perfect! Do you have to use BlueOS to stream music? Or can I just use the tidal&spotify from their native apps?

nomorelandings

I have used BlueOS for Qobuz and Amazon and am new to Bluesound. There are many forum experts who I’m sure can advise Re Spotify and tidal. The new Node has 5 presets on its touch and proximity sensing top panel. I can fire up Radio Paradise or a playlist without running BlueOS on the iPad.

progtastic

Novice Member
Just out of interest, what speakers are you running with your P5/S5? If you want a good streamer minus a DAC, I’d look at the Auralic Aries G1.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES '22 TV Announcement Round-up, Plus, Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom