Streamed dvd output

bogart99

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I am looking to get a new tv and as I live in an old cottage, thick plaster internal walls, I thought would be nice to carve out a space for the tv so it sits flush in the wall. I can get all cabling there as tv and satellite coax are near. Only problem I see is connecting a dvd player. I do not want one sitting underneath the tv or the like as it would be nice to just see the tv. Can I have the dvd in a different room, next door nearly, and stream the content to the tv? If so what do I need to accomplish this?
Thanks

A few options...

Use a wireless HDMI sender and receiver. You need to pay a bit to get a reliable one and they can degrade the quality.

Bury a cable in the wall to your chosen destination for the DVD player

Get a digital modulator and set up your own internal TV "channel" from your DVD player. Not cheap.

Buy a TV that will play content over a network and that also has a wifi connection. Transfer content onto a DNLA capable hard drive or similar, so that you can play it using the media player function on the TV.

Netflix or a Kodi box...

Looking at the Samsung KS7000 as it already has HD sat and freeview built in so only need a dvd signal. Did consider burying cable but could be quite a job digging up a concrete floor or drilling through old wall beams! Your idea of playing over the wifi might be the way to go.

Looking at the Samsung KS7000 as it already has HD sat and freeview built in so only need a dvd signal. Did consider burying cable but could be quite a job digging up a concrete floor or drilling through old wall beams! Your idea of playing over the wifi might be the way to go.

Old stone walls are very effective at blocking wifi. Check the signal strength first.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom