Stream separate audio and video streams from Windows 10 to Nvidia Shield TV?

itm

I want to stream/cast a video window from my Windows 10 workstation to my Shield TV Pro (2019), while at the same time streaming the PC audio to/from the same devices. Is there a way of doing this?

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
I believe the windows side should be possible depending on the details but are you sure the Shield can do whatever you want it to with the two streams? Android is generally not known for it's multitasking capabilities.

itm

I believe the windows side should be possible depending on the details but are you sure the Shield can do whatever you want it to with the two streams? Android is generally not known for it's multitasking capabilities.
I have no idea.

Would streaming from Win10 to Win10 be easier? (that's a fallback option). If so, how could that be done?

Basically I want to stream the video from an scrcpy window, plus the default system audio

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Basically I want to stream the video from an scrcpy window, plus the default system audio

So you don't need the second audio stream? Do you need the audio and video separate at all?

Would it be accurate to say that you want to stream your computer but limit the video to one window or part of the screen?

itm

Yes I want to stream the computer, but the video window that I want to stream will not be supplying audio. The audio will come from an externally-connected device which will be in sync with the video window. I want to stream both the audio and the video to the 2nd device.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
It sounds like the typical live streaming setup, where you're using the audio from an external microphone so it might be worth looking in that area.

OBS or something like that may do what you want, although I don't have personal experience so I can't say for sure.

itm

It sounds like the typical live streaming setup, where you're using the audio from an external microphone so it might be worth looking in that area.

OBS or something like that may do what you want, although I don't have personal experience so I can't say for sure.
Thanks - yes I have just discovered that route (OBS Studio), and have been exploring it. It seems to do what I need, albeit with a more complex setup than I was hoping to get away with!
I've set up OBS Studio and OBS-NDI at both ends, and a MistServer streaming server in between. Alot of trial and error but I think I'm getting there!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom