Stream Magic 6 - Stops being Magic

konnexion

Standard Member
Reaction score
This is driving me nuts. I have a 2 week old SM6 connected via Devolo HomePlug to a Synology 1511+ NAS, music streamed as FLAC. System sounds fantastic, hooked up to a Linn Majik amp & Linn Katan speakers.

That's the good news out of the way.

However, at random moments during music playback the SM6 simply stops. Only way forward is to quit the app (iOS or Android) and navigate back to the particular music you were playing. This wouldn't be too much hassle if it wasn't for the fact that the app appears to cache no data so your entire music collection is rescanned. Every time. The quality of the app is well documented in the reviews on the various app stores. Suffice to say that it's dreadful and extremely unstable.

Have tried using a variety of UP&P Servers, Logitech Media Station, Plex and the included Synology media server. I've also built a second server using a HP Proliant Micro with Windows Server 2012 Essentials running Logitech Media Server. Same issue.

On the face of it this would seem to point to issues with HomePlug - but I know of another individual having the same issues on wired or wireless networks.

So what to do. I have already returned the unit but the replacement behaves identically. I've reported the issue to Cambridge Audio but have heard little back.

I would try it with wireless to be absolutely certain (well wired ethernet would be that), homeplugs can in their own way be prone to interference.

next010 said:
I would try it with wireless to be absolutely certain (well wired ethernet would be that), homeplugs can in their own way be prone to interference.

Will try that thanks, and a direct wired connection

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom