Stream from PS3

Garethm1976

Standard Member
Hi people,

Not 100% sure if this is possible but hey if anyone probably knows how to do this then this looks like the site.
What I want to do is be able to stream my blu-rays on the ps3 to my CRT in another room, that is connected upto a digital media receiver (Linksys KiSS 1600 High Definition Wireless-G Media Player w/ HDMI) is it possible? I understand it will be standard definition, its just when I get kicked out of the living room then I can watch it on this tv.
If it is not possible, is there anyway of ripping just the movie from a blu-ray, so I can store it on my windows home server, then be able to stream it from that ?

Thanks for your time and I look forward to a reply soon.

Gareth

Uridium

Distinguished Member
Can't be done I'm afraid. PS3 is a DLNa client not a DLNA server.

You could do something along these lines on a Phat PS3 with Linux installed but only Standard Def stuff due to the way Linux accesses the Ps3 hardware through a hypervisor giving only limited Cell/GPU access.

Garethm1976

Standard Member
Thank you very much for that. Ah well, next question then can anyone please explain how to rip a blu ray (movie only) to a divx avi file 700mb if poss a one stop program that does everything (YES I KNOW IT WILL BE SD).
Its so I can stream the blu-ray movie rip from my home server to my kiss 1600 media reciever.

Thank you very much and look forward to a reply soon.

p.s. I have tried Ripbot (kept freezing and error message at 1.7% encoding, also tried Xvid4psp but I am struggling using that program.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom