Strdn1080 - REL t9i wiring

Sc3nts

Established Member
Reaction score
Under a little confusion here as title suggests, planning on wiring the home cinema setup this weekend and have an issue which I can't really find.

I'm bi-amping the front two channels to the atmos height outputs as per Sony manual but it doesn't specify which channel the Neutrik cable would connect to, the front two channels or the height as I'm assuming when settings are changed you'll be getting full range out of both channels?

Setup is as follows:

Sony KD55x8509c
Sony str-dn1080
Kef q500
Kef q200c
Kef q15
Rel t9i
Sony PS4
Apple TV
Van Damme silver for sub bass
Van Damme blue 2.5 x 30m

Any other pointers, advise or tips for this setup would be much appreciated, first proper home cinema setup. Hoping it'll sound good..

Thanks all

Liam.

You don't need the Neutrik connection if using an AV receiver with a dedicated subwoofer RCA pre out. You need only use the pre out connection to the subwoofer.

Ah really, I was under the impression you need to use this in conjunction with the Neutrik cable, I'll have to have a quick scan over the manual again but correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't this feed the unit the full range and keep the sub bass more in time?

Ignore what the REL manual says about the Neutrik connection. THey differentiate themselves by suggesting you use both the Neutrik and the RCA connections, but only the RCA connection is required. You are in fact increasing the chances of bass boom if doing as REL suggest.

You should really only use the Neutrik option if there's not the option of using a dedicated sub pre out. THe Neutrik connection is there to fascilitate a connection to devices that lack RCA line outs and only include conventional amplified speaker terminals and speaker outputs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom