1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strdb1070 Help

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by pd45, Sep 29, 2003.

1. pd45

pd45

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the above receiver and am having trouble setting up the individual speaker levels. I press the test tone but as soon as you change the volume it changes all of the speaker levels not the one you are on, there is nothing more in the manual that I can see to individually set up each speaker. I must be missing something big style. Can anyone who has this receiver talk me through or let me know what I am doing wrong please
    Regards

2. Cheese Police

Cheese Police

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have this receiver and off the top of my head this is how you change the various volume levels:

1 the front l+r are fixed, i.e. all the other speakers are configured relative to this

2 You don't use the volume control to adjust the relative volume, you use the menu button and the arrows on the remote. if you press menu a number of times, you can see the various sub menus. one of these starts with balance, and this is the one where you set the relative volume levels (e.g for centre or rears)

3 Use the up/down arrows to scroll through the menu choices after you've found the one that starts with balance. use the left/right arrows to adjust the levels (db) of each set of speakers

HTH

3. pd45

pd45

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help - all sorted now.
    Regards