STRDA5200es replacement

deadslow

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I seem to have had the HDMI sockets taken out on my STRDA5200ES by a lightning strike on Saturday. The HDMI socket on the Sky HD box has also gone (they were connected and on at the time). Everything else seems to work on both strangely. I’m probably going to replace Sky with Freesat shortly, so not going to do anything about Sky, and I’m not sure whether an insurance claim will be worthwhile. So, I wondered if there are any recommendations for a “cheap” replacement amp. Ideally it needs 3x HDMI in, 2x out, HDMI 1.3a (as I have both bluray and network players as well as Sky). I also have a 7.1 speaker configuration.

Thanks a lot.

I think the problem you might have is 'cheap' and two HDMI outputs on the Receiver. Two outputs tend to be only on the higher end recievers at the moment. What kind of budget are we talking?

Ok, then one out will do as I have a 1in2out Octava switch.

Cheap as possible really, say 3-400 quid, (unless there really is something I absolutely should not miss and will last for years). One HDMI socket is still working (nothing attached to it at the time I think) and I suppose I could get a 3in1out switch as a cheaper alternative. Any reasonably priced good ones out there?

Cheers.

Just to add I'm not just being lazy and not doing the research myself as the lightning also set fire to my telephone socket and I have no telephone/broadband at home. I can only access the web at work, which is restricted...

Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom