• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

STRDA2400ES or STRDH810 (with BA Soundware XS)

bigriggers

Established Member
Ok, after hours of research and searching these forums, I'm still no closer to making a decision: STRDA2400ES or STRDH810!

I'll be pairing it with some Boston Acoustics Soundware xs 5.1. I haven't purchased them yet, but it took me a few days to make a decision, so please don't try to change my mind! :blush: :D
It will be replacing an old Denon AVR1306.

So, considering a few points:
  1. The speakers will be no match for the 2400
  2. The 2400 is actually £30 cheaper than the 810 at the moment
  3. I have no interest in 3D
  4. I'm not a complete audiophile (as you can see by my budget!)

I think the main thing I'm worried about is the superior 2400 showing up the cheap speakers. I mean, if I completely disregard the newer features of the 810 that I'm not interested in (ie. 3D and HDMI return as I understand it), will the 2400 still sound better?

Usage will be approx:
TV (Virgin HD) - 30%
Xbox 360 - 30%
Movies - 20%
Music - 20%

Budget is £600 and no more (would like to spend a lot more but buying a house next year, so I'm lucky to be spending this without too much protest from SWMBO :D)

All opinions most welcome, cheers fellas! :smashin:

Passingbat

Distinguished Member
If you don't want 3D, choosing the 2400 is a 'no brainer' IMHO. it's a higher level amp than the 810.

These speakers would be a far better match and still keep you in budget. The originally sold for £500 and discounted because of a new range.

Q ACOUSTICS 1010i 5.1 SPEAKER PACKAGE - available from Superfi UK Visit http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/product_id/3676 for details

Richer sounds do them for £250, but in store only and not every store has them

With the 2400ES available for £250, you're in budget wherever you get the QA speakers from.

bigriggers

Established Member
Hi mate, thanks for the reply.

The Q Acoustics 1010i's are the other speakers I've been deliberating over for a while. As mentioned however, I have made a decision on those already. The small form factor of the Bostons won me over in the end.

Think you're right on the amp though, too much of a bargain to turn down (especially for £30 less!)

Passingbat

Distinguished Member
Small form factor of the bostons or better sound of the QAs. I know which one I'd go for :D

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom