Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Strata Height?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by gmt steve, Jul 3, 2003.

1. gmt steve

gmt steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Just a quick one for anyone with a 36" Tosh Strata on it's stand. What is the overall height of tv and stand please. Oh, and while you've very kindly got your tape measure out, will two full size components (say DVD & VCR) fit next to each other on the shelf?
    Thanks in advance.

2. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just been busy with the tape measure, here we go:

Cabinet height = 18 inches
    TV height= 26 inches

The two combined therefore stand 44 inches tall.

The cabinet allows a usable width of 33inches across the front but the rear of the cabinet starts to curve/taper in towards the back at just 7.5 inches in.

Therefore it's not possible to put the standard DVD and VCR components next to each other, well, I couldn't anyway.

Hope this helps :)

3. gmt steve

gmt steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thank you very much juboy, it's a great help. I noticed the curve of the cabinet but thought about leaving the sides off, since they seem to be purely cosmetic. It looks like the central rear pillar bears all the weight at the rear.:smashin:

4. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The central pillar is Tosh's attempt at cable management. In reality it merely covers a mess rather than sorting it out :D

I can't recall if the side, curved parts can be left off or not as the Tosh delivery guys put the stand together for me - taking them roughly 10 times less time than it would have taken me :blush: