Stranger Things - Season 3 (Netflix) 4 July 2019

Rate me

• Total voters
Great news. I'm expecting to see more of "008".

God I hope not. That episode was the lowest point by far so far.
Yup absolute dross of the first order!

Yes, that setting and episode. But it'd be good to see the range of "special" characters expanded, especially as her and 011 seemed to share a bond.

As they're at that age where in real life they can change quite considerably, I wonder if they'll set this season in the 90s.

Episode order is 8, same as season 1, but one less than season 2.

Last edited:
8 episodes, for me, seems to be the optimum number for a Netflix series. Things move along at a decent pace and you get any filler kept to a minimum. Too many shows, not just Netflix ones, stretch things out over too many episodes instead of just having the right number to tell the story. Even the good ones can reach a point where they feel like they're just padding things out unnecessarily. Fair enough if they've got enough story to fill more eps, but a lot of them don't and they throw in an ep now and then that makes everything grind to a halt.

I agree, eight is about right. Season 2 had nine and one of those was total rubbish.

My major problem with Daredevil, for example, was the length - thirteen episodes was much too long. Its actually put me off watching season two or any of the other Marvel Netflix shows.

I did wonder how they were going to keep the charm with the kids growing up so fast.... so it is a new set of younger kids?

Dear god! It's a high stress industry, people get wounded up and have a go. Thicker skins are required.

Dear god! It's a high stress industry, people get wounded up and have a go. Thicker skins are required.

That's no excuse. If what happened is true then what I'd love to see happen is a Suit from Netflix* - preferably a female one - arrive on set and give the 'Duffers' a public bollicking in front of the crew. Just, you know, to see how thick their skins are.

*or whoever's paying the bills.

Sorry but I need more proof before I start vilifying them. Only vague reporting with no info on who was yelled at, who was fired, or why. May just be a case of someone with an axe to grind with their past employers.

Well, I did say 'if what happened is true'.

It will be interesting to see if any of the 'multiple' women who were allegedly verbally abused come forward. Especially if some were effectively forced to quit.

And presumably if there was 'yelling' on set there will have been other witnesses, but I suppose they may want to keep their heads down for fear of losing their jobs.

But, yes, it might just have been one disgruntled ex-employee. Either way I'm looking forward to Netflix's response.

:D Sean Austin is (back in video form only)

spoilers for previous seasons

Stranger Things Will Finally Explain What Happened To Will In The Upside Down During Season 1
The first of the four Stranger Things issues will hit comic book stores on September 26. If you need some strangeness ahead of September and whenever the video game is released, you can always rewatch the first two seasons of Stranger Thingson Netflix. Our 2018 Netflix premiere guide can point you toward some other streaming options, and our summer TV schedule can help you find more of what to watch.

Wait....

There's a video game!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom