Rate it

• Total voters

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
>>> Season 2 thread

Spielberg meets Stephen King
…..looks interesting

Stranger Things takes a nostalgic voyage back in time to 1983, “where technology was just starting to connect people, kids stopped riding their bikes to school, people were going to space, and government conspiracies loomed.”

Described as a paranormal thriller, Stranger Things marks Winona Ryder’s first starring role for a television series.

Winona Ryder, Matthew Modine, David Harbour, Charlie Heaton, Natalia Dyer, and Millie Brown, Finn Wolfhard, Caleb McLaughlin, Gaten Matarazzo, Noah Schnapp, and Cara Buono.

Shawn Levy serves as director.
Sometimes the truth can be stranger than fiction...

Set in Hawkins Indiana in the 1980’s, Stranger Things chronicles the search for a young boy who vanishes into thin air under highly suspicious circumstances. His mother (Winona Ryder) opens an investigation into the boy's disappearance with local authorities that unravels a series of mysteries involving top-secret government experiments, terrifying supernatural forces and one very strange little girl. A love letter to the ubiquitous cult classics of the 80’s, Stranger Things is a coming of age story for three boys that draws this quaint community into a world where mysteries lurk beneath the surface.

Starring Winona Ryder, Matthew Modine, David Harbour, Charlie Heaton, Natalia Dyer, and Millie Brown, Finn Wolfhard, Caleb McLaughlin, Gaten Matarazzo, Noah Schnapp, and Cara Buono.

Stranger Things is created, executive produced and directed by The Duffer Brothers (Wayward Pines), and executive producers Shawn Levy (Night at The Museum), and Dan Cohen (Story of Your Life).

Amblin vibe :cool:

ST_PAYOFF_US_alt1-2.jpg

strangerthings03.jpg

strangerthings02.jpg

strangerthings04.jpg

Last edited:
I've not watched any of the trailers and I intend to go into it blind but I'm quite excited about it!

My Mrs is off work next weekend so I reckon there's a good chance we might be able to squeeze this all in as it's only 8 episodes. It looks like they've done a good job of channeling everything I love about some of my favourite 80's films from back when I was a kid

Up to episode five so far. Love the aesthetic and synths, the plot is a little cliche and there's some less than stellar acting but it's pretty creepy and compelling, and I think I'll be binging this for the rest of the night!:D

Oh and there's definitely a proper 80's, Stephen King/John Carpenter vibe. Good stuff!

On episode 4 and it's bloody brilliant. Hard to compare it to anything that's come before but it's going to be a long night!
Oh and look out for the sparklies in the opening titles as per 1980"s analogue satellite broadcasting. :)

Positively made for OLED.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

enjoyed the opener was far too tired to watch more tonight, looks interesting, but not original by any stretch

Done and dusted.

Took me right back to my childhood, and some of my favourite films and books. No it's not original, but it was great fun and I didn't mind that at all.

SEASON 2 PLANS

They’re hoping to start on a second season soon that would follow the lives of the characters introduced in season one, and so much more.

Only watched 2 last night but I can see this being a quick watch.

Perfect in every way from theme tune to feel and vibe to choice of main children actors being all quirky.

top marks from our household

we started it yesterday and I failed big time by falling asleep after the first episode due to excessive alcohol consumption :blush:. Still, my Mrs kept going up to episode 5 and was the first to suggest we go back and start again today. She thinks it's great and, based on episode 1, I'd have to agree with her. It seems to be just as good as the trailers made it look :thumbsup:

As stated, credits score is very JC and there is homages to lots if stuff e.g. Bmx riding with wide shots like Goonies and E.T.?

Only watched first ep, but this is great so far. Pushes the nostalgia buttons and still manages to have an interesting story. The 80's period detail is superb from the hairstyles to the music. Perfect mash up of King, Carpenter and Spielberg. Have an urge to binge it, but think I'm going to savour this one over the week.

Looks like I may have to subscribe to netflix again for another month.

As stated, credits score is very JC and there is homages to lots if stuff e.g. Bmx riding with wide shots like Goonies and E.T.?
On the 2nd episode and it reminds me so much of Goonies/ET/Stand By Me.

Great stuff so far.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom