Stranger Things 4 Volume 1 (Netflix) TV Show Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Cheers Cas. Having just started it, I'd forgotten how much I missed it. A great retro tone and good characters. Looking forward to the rest.

Has it really been that long since the last season? Doesn’t feel like it, until you see how much the kids have grown!

I'm going to get stuck into the first couple tonight, can't wait.
The longer the better, I love this show.

When I’m done with Obi Wan, I’ll be watching this. Watched the 8 minute intro last night and the recap. That really set me up nicely!

Looking forward to watching, but I'm half way through series 3 of Missions, the french sci fi thingy.
So, so good. Proper sci fi that doesn't turn into a soap opera half way through.
I recommend it if you haven't seen it. On iPlayer right now. It has subtitles if that bothers you...

I watched the first 3 episodes this afternoon.I’m loving this season so far and should get all the episodes watched this weekend.

People complain about the lack of decent things to watch on Netflix (never something I've found) and when summat good turns up, they complain its too long! My goodness! Lol, what are you lot like?

Also watched first 3 episodes and cranked up the Dolby Atmos soundtrack on my av system. Is it me or the LFE mental on this 🙂. Really enjoying it so far.

Enjoyed the 1st two episodes last night.

Watched two episodes last night, seems so much darker already.

A random side note of mine, but I still think MBB will sadly be part of the 27 club

Looks like everyone watched the first two last night, so did I :p

Great start with the first episode (as usual) taking a while to "settle in" then slowly starting to build into something creepy.

With so many interesting developments to follow already, this is going to be a great season.

Nice work Cas.

Having not long signed upto AppleTV as well, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the available TV right now to be honest. That's not necessarily a bad thing of course, but trying to juggle all these shows is becoming problematic. And when the episodes are this kind of length as well it doesn't help.

I think I have fallen out of love with Stranger Things, but I'll see it out for sure.

Watched 3 eps back to back.

It’s good but hardly amazing. Certainly not a patch on the Netflix best of the best( Ozark/Queens Gambit/some Korean stuff).

Probably try to watch the rest over the weekend.

Watched 3 eps back to back.

It’s good but hardly amazing. Certainly not a patch on the Netflix best of the best( Ozark/Queens Gambit/some Korean stuff).

Probably try to watch the rest over the weekend.
I’ve watched 5 eps and it’s fine. Next season definitely needs to be the end.

5 episodes in, and this is absolutely brilliant, and it has affirmed why I have spent so much on AV gear :D

I didn't know a lossless streaming audio track had it in it. Absolutely spectacular Atmos audio.

This pips Rim of the World for LFE

After four episodes it’s pretty disappointing. It feels like they’ve reskinned a Nightmare on Elm Street script with Stranger Things stylings. Massively padded out, poor story threads. Large sections are just tedious and stupid.

I hope it gets better.
* it didn’t, it’s a joke compared to series one, way too many characters doing stuff with no real logical point, anything that can be stretched out has been.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom