1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange ?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by 1smith7, Jul 21, 2004.

Tags:
  1. 1smith7

1smith7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here's the story. I currently have SKY in my living room but also have a 25 metre cable running up to my bedroom which is then plugged into The SkyLink that I have and gives me lovely reception. The problem is when i connect the cable w/sky link to my VCR i cannot record from the sky source because the picture is so bad, but i can record my terrestrial channels perfectly . Do I need a signal booster, then a problem arises i'm not sure if my sky link will work if there is a signal booster attached
    What do ye think ? :lease:

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    First thing to check is the channel tuning on the VCR, it sounds like auto-tuning hasn't locked onto the digibox RF channel output, there should be a manual adjustment both to select the channel frequency and to fine tune an existing one.

3. GGTVBD

GGTVBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +323
    Bet ya the RF output of the VCR is exactly the same as the digibox ;)

Default for digiboxes is CH68. See what the VCR is set to. Even if it's not the same, change it and retune the TV as necessary.

You don't need a 'signal booster'.

Hope this helps.

A. Dork

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    I'm sure I'm telling you what you already know, but the RF output could never be described as 'quality', I'd never recommend it for anything more than a bedroom portable myself. Trouble is it's so damn useful and easy to implement. You probably also know it's mono only, no nicam modulation in a sky box. It shouldn't be unwatchably bad on anything 20" or less though, so likely you have a clash of channels, or imprecise tuning.