Strange World (New Disney Animation) (TBC)

Drax1

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Disney's newest animated movie has been announced - Strange World, which is described as an action adventure about a group of explorers in a fantastical world...Should be out for Thanksgiving next year....

Interesting article here. I had no idea about the big difference in streaming windows in France.

5350B195-6204-4D74-838C-4A03ACAABF94.png

The real attraction in Strange World is the animation itself, and, aside from the mind-blowing, almost 3D psychedelia on show, there’s some incredible work in the meta depictions of Jaeger as a ’50s-style comic-book hero that bookend the film. As well as those hat-tips to Indiana Jones, older audiences will spot enjoyable nods to Star Wars, Aliens, Yellow Submarine, and, even more relevantly, Avatar.

Nothing special, there was a massive plot twist regarding the strange world, while the father and son storylines played out 6.9/10

I thought this was brilliant. Looked fantastic (obviously it's a Disney animation). Don't really understand why it's flopped so much.

I thought this was brilliant. Looked fantastic (obviously it's a Disney animation). Don't really understand why it's flopped so much.
If you didn’t watch it in the cinemas?, there’s your answer people couldn’t be bothered.

Possibly because majority of world are straight and feel uncomfortable watching same sex relationships, especially with their children present.

Of course, LGBTQ+ adults & children want this content but to make money things generally have to cater for a majority that will pay to watch it.

Chart says it all really, being supportive of LGBTQ+ rights/protections/freedoms is a good thing, but commercially, majority maybe still don't want to watch media with this content, even more so from those with strong archaic religious beliefs which again is the vast majority of world population and in some backward thinking countries even banned, they can't exactly edit/censor out the lead character.

1689498918557.png

Last edited:
Possibly because majority of world are straight and feel uncomfortable watching same sex relationships, especially with their children present.

Of course, LGBTQ+ adults & children want this content but to make money things generally have to cater for a majority that will pay to watch it.

Chart says it all really, being supportive of LGBTQ+ rights/protections/freedoms is a good thing, but commercially, majority maybe still don't want to watch media with this content, even more so from those with strong archaic religious beliefs which again is the vast majority of world population and in some backward thinking countries even banned, they can't exactly edit/censor out the lead character.

View attachment 1898053
Gross and dumb.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom