1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange widescreen problem/qustion

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Gortz, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Gortz

Gortz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I got me a Sharp LC32GA3E and the picture really is outstanding. Anyways I have this weird thing going on with widescreen movies, if I watch one in 1:85 format so it fills the whole screen it seems to jerk a little when the camera pans across things etc. Could that be the refresh rate? What should I be using? I have either 60hz or 59hz. The problem isnt there if it's in 2:35 widescreen but it's not full screen in that format.

I'm using the DVI input and playing the movies thru my computer's DVD drive (its a high spec machine so I wouldn't have thought it would be responsible.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. PhilipH

PhilipH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it happens on Region 2 movies but not Region 1 movies then it is almost certainly due to the PC outputting a 50Hz source at 60Hz - the stuttering being the point where the extra frame is inserted.

Phil

3. Gortz

Gortz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah right, well is is happening on region 2 movies yeah. I haven't got a region 1 movie to try it with I don't think. I'll have a look.

Is there any way I can rectify it?

If thats the case why would it only be noticable on the 1:85 aspect movies?