Question Strange TV, Xbox 1 S & AVR problem

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by bp2411, Jul 21, 2018.

1. bp2411

bp2411

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Hello everyone, firstly let me say I'm not sure if this is in the correct section but as it refers to a TV, Xbox 1s, AVR & hdmi cables I wasn't sure where to post.

Here is my kit & problem

TV Sony KD49XE8004
    Denon avr-2300w
    Xbox one s

And these hdmi leads

http://cpc.farnell.com/cable-power/...minium-0-5m/dp/AV23870?st=Cable power 4k slim

The problem is if I turn enhanced hdmi on my TV it has problems with the signal, sometimes it works fine other times not at all. Sony's website says I need 18 Gbps hdmi leads and the hdmi leads I have are listed as 17.8 Gbps but to make things more confusing my Apple TV 4k works perfectly.

2. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,156
    I use these cables which were recommended on this forum, they are HDMI certified and don't cost much, never had a problem with them.

What you could try is the cable that came with the Xbox One S should be a 4K capable one, try using that as the cable between the AVR and the TV and see if anything changes.

Things on the Xbox to try in the interim
    * enable YCC 422 in the settings menu
    * drop the display output from 10-bit to 8-bit
    * disable HDR
    * drop resolution to 1080p and see if it's stable, if you still get problems then it's something else I would guess.

As to why the ATV 4K works fine, it may auto adjust it's output if there are bandwidth issues ?. When I first got mine it tried to output [email protected] by default because of the location, I had to override it and make it output [email protected] in SDR.