1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange Tosh 210 quirk

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by magnatom, Dec 4, 2001.

1. magnatom

magnatom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    i just wondered if anyone else has noticed this.

I have Star Wars Ep 1 DVD (region 2) (Excellent DVD by the way!).

Anyway I have noticed if I play a CD in the Tosh 210 and then insert either of the star wars DVD's that they lock up at 1 second and won't go any further. If however I place another DVD in the player, let it get to the menu and then try the Star Wars DVD again, this time it works!!?

Can anyone repeat this? Also any suggestions as to why it happens?

Cheers

Dave Brennan

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have exactly the same Toshiba SD210e and exactly the same problem.
    I have even played the DVD, turned off the DVD player with the disc still in, turned the player back on the next day and the disc again gets stuck at 1 second with a black screen.
    I've changed the disc and it still does it so it must be the machine.
    My one is a multi region machine that I got from Electro Centre. Is your one multi region? Where did you get it? Have you asked them about this problem?
    It's a bit like trying to play an RCE disc. You have to put a normal region 1 disc in first. However, as far as I know Star Wars is not RCE and it would come up with the world map like an RCE disc if it was.

Anyone else have this problem? If so, have you got a solution?

3. magnatom

magnatom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Smarty,

Yes my tosh is multi region. I bought it from Sevenoaks in Glasgow. I haven't mentioned it to them as I thought this was more than likely a problem with the DVD rather than the player, as I haven't noticed the problem with any other DVDs yet.
    I'd be curious to know if anyone with a different player could replicate the problem!