Strange things happening with Pan DMR85

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by PanicLord, Feb 16, 2005.

1. PanicLord

PanicLord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :hiya:

Something weird is going on with my Pan DMR85.

I have it connected as follows:

DMR85 AV1 out connected to AV2 on tv which is Pan TX28-DTX 100hz idTV.

The AV2 is not supposed to be RGB in on the TV - i need it for EPG timer programming. But I just changed the DMR output to RGB - and the picture is WAY better than when I set it to video. As RGB signals are sent down seperate wires to video, I assume that AV2 is also RGB in capable.

Am I mad, or are the manuals for panasonic TVs just rubbish?

Anyone help? :lease:

2. Steve.J.Davies

Steve.J.Davies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    Had mine a couple of days - so still working out editting etc.
    But yes - I played with this.
    Am scart connected to RBG input in telly.
    Played with settings and setting progressive cleaned up the picture no end.
    IIRC the scart doesn't see the progressive - and even if it did not sure if my telly would show it (panny 32 inch w/s circ 1997, the doc with telly doesn't even mention prog scan support).
    Still not played around enough with all the other settings. but yes this definately made a very noticeable difference in my case.
    Maybe some extra clean upo circuits get invoked or some such...
    Will play some more when I have a full driving licence for the set.

any else tried/seen this ?

3. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,953
    On the contrary........they're usually accurate.
    The scart sockets on most modern Panasonic Tv's are quite configurable for various inputs/outputs.........I would think it has RGB capability on both.

4. PanicLord

PanicLord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't get me wrong - most of the stuff in it is quite helpful. But for example,
    it doesn't mention 100hz technology once, even in passing, doesn't say AV2 can handle RGB in, and the connection advice is very poor.

Some pages say to "always connect DVDR to AV1", and other pages say "DVDRs should always be connected to AV2". Says that Q-Link is selectable through AV1 and AV2, but doesn't tell you that AV1 doesn't seem to do all the Q-Link functions that AV2 does.

Sorry to go on but I have had a bit of a mare getting everything working at its best - judging by the number of comments in the forum I reckon I'm not the only one frustrated by Panasonics instructions. :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

5. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    100Hz technology doesn't matter - all 100Hz TV's do is to store 50Hz frames and read them back twice to give 100Hz. They make no difference to the way you would connect the TV to another device.