Strange text messages

Giraffe76

Hi all,

Not sure if this post is in the correct place.

Every now and again for about the last 3 weeks i get a text message headed FreeMsg with a link in it to some sort of sex video,obviously im not interested in anything like this.

Can anyone tell me how to stop these messages coming through?

Kind Regards Mark

stunno

You arent being charged for them are you? I was getting quiz questions and being charged £1.50 a time. Vodafone used to refund me but it was a pain having to ring them every tine

Giraffe76

I dont know if im getting charged,it looks just like any other text but has a link in it instead of any kind of normal message.
How did u stop the quiz questions coming through

stunno

By nagging vodafone. They were paying the charges back to me so they were the ones getting ripped off. After a few months they put a block on the number

wiz

Distinguished Member
What have you signed up to you old dog? We would tell!:D:laugh:

Giraffe76

To the best of my knowledge i havent signed upto anything.
Since my reply earlier i phoned my network&they transfered me to the company concerned&i was able to leave a message asking for a callback but i will call phonepayplus if they dont contact me tomorrow

Giraffe76

Thank you for all your help and advice but im hoping ive sorted out the problem. I called my network provider who provided me with the details of the company that are sending me the texts,so i contacted them and they have blocked my number from having anymore texts sent.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom