strange subwoofer noise on auto-shutdown

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Symytry, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Symytry

Symytry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all :hiya:,

I recently bought a Jensen JPS8 8" subwoofer for my home system. The sub is connected with Monster cables to my Sony receiver. Now the sub works fine as long as it is on and not in auto-shutdown mode, but as soon as the auto shutdown is engaged, it gives off a very loud noise uncharacteristic of a sub. For lack of a better description, it sounds like a loud farting noise.

The sub is positioned beside my entertainment unit which houses my TV and L/R/center channel speakers. The unit has a two-prong plug, plugged into a power bar, which is a three prong plug plugged directly into a 3 prong outlet. The rear speakers are probably too far away to cause any kind of real interferance.

...any suggestions on what might be causing this noise? I've turned the amp off for now because it definitely doesn't sound healthhy...any help from you guys is greatly apreciated! :smashin: