Strange stripes down screen on new imac.

brad123

OK at first it didnt bother me but now it does as its quite apparant on boot up, boot down and on white displays, there seems to be a few vertical dark stripes down the screen of the imac, anyone else get this, theres none on the apple cinema display I got with it.

Theres also a few small what look like dinks or nikcs behind the black stripe that goes across the bottom of the screen on the glass, its behind it, a sif the screen inside frame black has been scratched off.

Its more obvious then it comes acros in the pictures.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sebastalona

Distinguished Member
I experienced some markings on my screen at start-up/shutdown when I first received my iMac. It became apparent that they were caused by the static dock icons at the bottom of my screen (i.e image retention).

3c35153e.jpg

I toyed with returning it, but I changed the dock to only showing when I move the pointer down and it was gone within a few hours use, never seen it since.

I can't really pick out the markings in your photos, but the cause may be something similar?

MC77

Mine does that, except mine's a Mac Mini with a non-apple display so it's not just your iMac...

POB/London

If it's new I would back everything up / clone your disk then just put in a help / warranty call. It shouldn't do that. :) Apple normally very good with this sort of thing IME.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom