strange rgb problem

Reaction score
Hope you lot can help with this one. Just bought the limit 9900SE progressive scan player. I've switched the player to interlaced as my sony kp44px2 does'nt support it (or at least i dont think do)

With my old dvd player the tv suddenly stoppped auto selecting rgb. Now with the new player when i select rgb from the setup menu on the player the tv detect this and switches but i end up with a rather nasty green tint to the screen. I've used the monster 2 scart for rgb in the past but now everything turns green. Any ideas?

cheers

Just stating the obvious really but have you tried a different Scart lead (even a cheapy one just to test it)?

Yes,

rgb is fine from sky box. have tried different scart lead and different tv scart socket, same result. so annoying other than the green the rgb is clearly sharper

Have you tried the dvd player with another tv to see if you get the same problem?

I have the same problem with an LG4710 connected to a Phillips 32PW6006. Changing cable makes no difference. Switching to the non-RGB scart cleans up the picture and my Nokia Mediamaster does not suffer from green when connected to the RGB scart, so I think it is not a problem with the TV scart but the player. In naycase I know no one else with an RGB capable TV. Anyone with any ideas most welcome.

I had the Limit last week,amongst other problems,the scart eneded up not outputting any RGB atall.

I opened the player up to see what is what like inside and found that the connection block from the scart terminals was loose,pressed this back in and all was fine,well with RGB anyway,lol.

The terminal blocks are white,and there are two to the right rear ,try this.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom