Question Strange red exclamation mark on IOS Messenger

jerryjal

Prominent Member
Reaction score
This has just started happening and for the life of me I can't work out how to fix it. I'm now unable to send pictures as this red exclamation mark appears whenever I attempt to.
So far I have tried rebooting the phone, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, reseting the network settings but to no avail.
Anyone had this issue recently and found a solution? If it makes a difference it is on an iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_4568.PNG

Possibly, and I do stress this is only a guess, but this could be something with the actual size of the photos you are trying to send...maybe they are too large!

I’ve got both an 11 Pro and a 12 Pro and have not had this issue with either. Both my phones are used with Sky mobile and O2.

Hope this helps

Andy 🙏

Possibly, and I do stress this is only a guess, but this could be something with the actual size of the photos you are trying to send...maybe they are too large!

I’ve got both an 11 Pro and a 12 Pro and have not had this issue with either. Both my phones are used with Sky mobile and O2.

Hope this helps

Andy 🙏
Hi Andy

Thanks for the suggestion but I have tried numerous pictures of all different content and size and none work. I can send normal messages and links to anything but just not pictures. It is all very strange.

Hi Andy

Thanks for the suggestion but I have tried numerous pictures of all different content and size and none work. I can send normal messages and links to anything but just not pictures. It is all very strange.

Sorry, I’m at a bit of a loss as to what it could be then! Let me have a think and I will get back to you if I manage to find anything that might be useful to you.

Andy :facepalm: :suicide:

It has stumped me thats for sure, I am also getting a strange Whatsapp issue as well. Randomly when someone sends me something instead of getting the post I get a message telling me "Waiting for this message. This may take a while".

I’ve had the same issue today as has my wife and a few of her friends. All as far as I know on iPhones as well. Unsure if messenger is having issues or not.

I’ve had the same issue today as has my wife and a few of her friends. All as far as I know on iPhones as well. Unsure if messenger is having issues or not.
Well, thanks to a poster on Macrumors I now have it working again.
5C6E005A-E32F-4D42-BB64-9E59077ED54A.png

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom